GQG Partners LLC (“GQG”) is committed to protecting the privacy of our clients and potential clients. In keeping with this commitment, this statement discloses the nature and purpose of personal information we collect through our website. It also specifies the privacy options you may exercise with respect to this personal information.
For residents of the European Economic Area, please also refer to GQG’s Privacy Notice for Residents of the European Economic Area.
Personal identifying information
When you send e-mail, order printed materials or request other services through our website, you may be asked to provide certain information, including personal identifying information. This information enables us to provide the service you request accurately and efficiently. It is also used in our marketing efforts to provide you with relevant information about our products and services that may interest you. We also ask for this information in order to limit, where appropriate, access to materials that are not intended or appropriate for certain types of investors. For example, we may, from time to time, post certain communications intended for existing institutional investors which are not appropriate for retail investors, and request identifying information to determine that a given site visitor, in fact, meets such criteria so that it would be appropriate to grant access to such information.
In addition, GQG collects and maintains your personal identifying information so we can provide investment management services to you. The types and categories of information we collect and maintain about you include:
- Information we receive from you to open an account or provide investment advice to you (such as your home address, telephone number, and financial information);
- Information that we generate in managing your account (such as trade tickets and account statements); and
- Information that we may receive from third parties with respect to your account (such as trade confirmations from brokerage firms).
To provide investment management services to you, we permit access to your personal identifying information in very limited instances, which include:
- Disclosures to companies – subject to strict confidentiality agreements – that perform services on our behalf (such as our technology consultants who assist in maintaining our computer systems); and
- Disclosures to companies as permitted by law, including those necessary to manage your account (such as providing account information to brokers and custodians).
How we protect your personal information
To fulfill our privacy commitment at GQG, we have instituted firm-wide practices to safeguard the information that we maintain about you. These include:
- Adopting policies and procedures that put in place physical, electronic, and other safeguards to keep your personal information safe.
- Limiting access to personal identifying information to those employees who need it to perform their job duties.
- Requiring third parties that perform services for us to agree by contract to keep your information strictly confidential.
- Protecting information of our former clients to the same extent as our current clients.
General web site traffic information
When you enter a GQG website, the server collects data on your domain name (but not your e-mail address) and tracks your movements throughout the web site. We gather this information to help us improve the website’s usefulness and ease of navigation. However, this information contains no personal identifying information, and we use it only to analyze the performance of the web site. We do not track your browsing path once you leave a GQG web site.
Your privacy options
By using GQG’s website, you consent to the collection and use of the information described above under “General web Traffic Information.” By providing any specific information requested on a website form, you consent to the use of that information in the manner described above under “Personal Identifying Information.”
Protecting children’s privacy online
Our website is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13). We do not intentionally collect information on the GQG website from those we actually know are under 13, and we request that these individuals do not provide personal information through the sites.