Trading Operations Analyst
GQG Partners is a rapidly growing boutique investment management firm focused on global and emerging markets equities, headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Our primary responsibility is to help our clients secure their financial future, and we endeavor to create a business that is deeply aligned with our clients’ financial interests. We strive for excellence at all levels of our organization through a commitment to independent thinking, continual growth, cultural integrity and a deep knowledge of the markets.
We have immediate need for a Trading Operations Analyst with 3 – 5 years of experience. This opportunity is at a fast-growing asset management firm, GQG Partners. The company is looking for an exceptionally talented individual to join our Global trading desk as a Trading Operations Analyst. The ideal candidate will take on multiple responsibilities, such as general trade support, ad-hoc trading projects, and assist with all aspects of trade execution. Candidate should be a self-starter, ambitious, and enthusiastic about implementing new trade ideas, working with both the trading desk and the operations/compliance teams to enhance current processes. While initial focus would be on general desk support for the firm’s 3 global traders and operation interactions, the role is expected to expand overtime.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Job Title: Trading Operations Analyst
Manager/Supervisor: Director of Operations
Number of Direct Reports: None
Part Time/Full Time: Full Time (potential nonstandard hours before 6am PT and/or after 6pm PT)
Location: Seattle, WA or New York, NY or Fort Lauderdale, FL
Primary Responsibilities (85%)
This position is mainly responsible for pre-trade operations and the operational processes associated with ensuring the OMS and trading systems are accurate and trades are allocated and delivered properly for matching and settlement.
- Work with trading team to complete new broker paperwork and set up
- Manage ongoing broker requests and documentation
- Manage OMS commission set up and maintenance
- Responsible for OMS fees and taxes set up and maintenance. Working with trade settlement vendor when issues are experienced
- Responsible for validating OMS security set up for trading purposes to ensure no downstream issues
- Assist trading team with FIX connection oversight, set up and testing
- Work closely with traders to manage cash, including execute FX
- Work with traders to assist with trade mis-match issues with the brokers
- Work with trading team to proactively monitor and resolve broker short settlement issues
- Assist trading team and CCO with trade confirmation tracking and storage
- Improve overall trade/compliance processes (trading manual, etc.).
Compliance Rule Support
- Assist the trading desk with new account onboarding including compliance testing for onboarding/maintenance of rules
- Full understanding of account restrictions/compliance rules—IMA’s to assist traders in researching issues
- Assist with IPO/Deal calendar with full understanding of account restrictions
- Review compliance rules for active trades/work with Compliance for trade approval
- Assist trading team with underlying trade data cleansing and research
- Assist trading team with report review and research
- Assist trading team with report distribution
Cross Training/Support (15%)
- Assist other operation areas (investment and client ops teams) with daily activity and projects
- 3+ years of experience in a securities/investment capacity
- Understanding of the trading function, OMS systems and settlement of foreign investments
- Must have excellent Microsoft Excel skills; Familiarity with EZE Castle/OMS systems a plus
- Ability to work with all levels of employees effectively
- Ability to work in an intense environment under tight deadlines and still contribute thoughtfully and produce high-quality work product
- Heightened attention to detail
- Flexible, ability to adjust schedule to be available for meetings in all global time zones
- Ability to learn and excel at day-to-day responsibilities and contribute to driving process improvement, standardization, and automation
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to identify problems and bring them to the Director of Operations with recommended solutions
- Proficient on Bloomberg
If interested, please send your résumé and a cover letter detailing your interest in the position to email@example.com.
GQG Partners LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not engage in unlawful discrimination on any basis prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” GQG Partners LLC may participate in E-Verify, please view the following links for details in English and Spanish. For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.