TRADER — GLOBAL
GQG Partners is a $20+ billion boutique asset manager with long-only strategies in emerging markets, international, global and US equity. Our primary responsibility is to help our clients secure their financial future and we endeavor to create a business that is deeply aligned with our clients’ financial interests. We strive for excellence at all levels of our organization through a commitment to independent thinking, continual growth, cultural integrity and a deep knowledge of the markets.
We are looking for an experienced global trader to join our team. This position is an ideal entry point to GQG as the third seat on our trading desk. This dynamic team member’s responsibilities will range from the day-to-day activity of executing trades around the globe to participating/leading strategic initiatives as we continue to grow our organization.
Job Title: Trader — Global
Number of Direct Reports: None
Part Time/Full Time: Full Time
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Trading & Execution (80%)
- Trade globally and interact with CIO and analysts as and when needed around the clock (Americas, Australasia, Europe)
- Ensure system (OMS) readiness prior to trading
- Collaborate with Compliance to test compliance guideline restrictions and manage trading function within the rules
- Model trades on OMS
- Collaborate with Compliance and Operations to manage compliance alerts that fire during trading
- Back check all order entries
- Execute trades approved by PM, focused on best execution
- Assist with management of trading related vendors as assigned (e.g., Bloomberg, OMS)
- Collaborate with Operations on cash management, trade operations and settlement
- Monitor FX and FX exposure
- Communicate status to stakeholders (e.g., CIO, analysts) timely
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports to management and clients
- Coordinate the onboarding of new brokers
Market Insight (20%)
- Prepare daily market insights for the firm
- Maintain current market knowledge on GQG’s core names, working with CIO & analysts to stay in front of all conforming & non-conforming data points for our investment thesis
- 8+ years trading long only global equity securities through all venues – including securities with limited volume
- Expert in the nuances of Global Markets
- Strong relationships with leading counterparties in global markets
- Excellent reputation with the street and management of broker relationships
- Knowledge & understanding of Investment Fundamentals
- Knowledge of electronic / algorithmic trading and market structure
- Strong understanding of order workflow from an operations perspective
- Understanding / experience with compliance guidelines for long only funds.
- Team oriented and collaboration skills across all business areas of the organization
- Highly detail oriented, accurate, timely, responsive
- High level of confidentiality and discretion is required
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Polished and professional demeanor and appearance in all situations – Calm under pressure
- Exceptional communication skills — written and verbal
- Experience considered a plus: Eze OMS, Bloomberg
- Bachelor’s degree
If interested, please send your résumé and a cover letter detailing your interest in the position to email@example.com.
GQG Partners LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not engage in unlawful discrimination on any basis prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” GQG Partners LLC may participate in E-Verify, please view the following links for details in English and Spanish. For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.