Technology Lead – Marketing
GQG Partners is a rapidly growing boutique investment management firm focused on global and emerging markets equities. Our primary responsibility is to help our clients secure their financial future and we endeavor to create a business that is deeply aligned with our clients’ financial interests. We strive for excellence at all levels of our organization through a commitment to independent thinking, continual growth, cultural integrity and a deep knowledge of the markets.
The technology lead for the marketing team partners to strategize, analyze, design and implement modern GQG eCommerce and digital initiatives. You need to be able to create and communicate the detailed technology architecture and implementation strategy for the solutions. You will build and lead internal and external technical teams through the design and development of complex transactional systems including implementation of all new tech stack solutions.
You will have a strong bias towards the design of solutions that meet the needs of the GQG consumer for all consumer journeys, touchpoints and platforms across our brand. These include consumer digital outreach initiatives, ecommerce capabilities, and seamless payments in a regulatory environment. This requires strong innovation discipline, an ability to know why, when, and what to research, prototype and pilot, and the ability to drive a shared understanding with product and engineering partners. You must be interested in learning the business and risks of the digital commerce space to unlock new approaches to it by being human-centered in your approach to technology design and feel comfortable advocating for the consumer and brand needs. You are expected to be an excellent communicator and feel comfortable presenting your decisions in front of colleagues and stakeholders.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Job Title: Technology Lead – Marketing
Manager/Supervisor: Head of Marketing
Number of Direct Reports: None
Part Time/Full Time: Full Time
Location: Seattle, WA
- Partner with key internal and external senior stakeholders in the scope, creation and scaling of GQG’s current and additional tech stack products focusing on a digital direct to consumer experience and asset management capabilities including marketing automation, sales enablement platform and APP/or Progressive Mobile platform as well as BI including Analytics, Data integration security & infrastructure
- Drive for deep understanding of the needs and goals of different consumers, and markets, enabling creation of platforms that best meet their needs including Data Science Platforms/Analytics/Data storage/personalization interfaces
- Partner in driving innovation in ideating, concepting new designs and features that improve the customer commerce experience and serve business needs. Drive scoping out the full technical integration and create a robust implementation budget and timeline
- Lead technical discovery sessions with business stakeholders to develop a comprehensive understanding of the technical requirements and integrations for new ecommerce/digital solutions including Data visualization, Data compliance including Regulatory and PII requirements, Personalization and Chat
- Develop and document technical solution designs and specifications that satisfy the functional and technical requirements for commerce implementation projects
- Assess technical options for each solution component and integrations in a commerce implementation project; evaluate possible technologies and packages; make and defend technology and package recommendations
- Decompose technical solution specifications into work packages; document pre-requisites and dependencies for the work packages; and estimate the level of effort and resource level/skill necessary to implement each work package
- Lead small and large-scale eCommerce implementations, utilizing industry leading commerce platforms, providing both oversight and hands on contributions to the software design, development, and integration
- Advocate and user of Agile and collaborative working practices with expert knowledge of related tools and techniques
- Partner with business development team to understand financial, technical, and experiential objectives, and shape product and experience agendas to deliver differential results
- Prioritize design efforts and design investments within the portfolio of digital products, consulting on and aligning with the needs of product and business partners
- Participate in the development of conceptual and logical architectures across other architecture domains. Resolve integration and interfacing issues between various back-end systems
- Optimize application performance, security and scalability
- Provide support to the business development team with business development pursuits, assisting with RFP responses, architecture assessments and technical qualification
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative research and analytics tools to measure success, present opportunities and recommendations, and support evidence-based decision making
REQUIREMENTS, CAPABILITIES, AND EXPERIENCE
- Enterprise-level technical solutions within retail or financial and ecommerce landscape. 10+ years working in a senior technology engineering and/or architecture role a must
- Relevant experience in leading eCommerce systems
- Advanced knowledge of eCommerce strategies and commerce operations management including knowledge of analytics and data science platforms
- Collaboration with Enterprise Technical Architects and Solution Architects to create and maintain strategic roadmaps, principles, standards and reference architectures
- Maintenance and project monitoring of technical architecture structures from business capability to applications to data, establishing technical architecture compliance
- Guidance provided to Project Architects to develop requirements and establish compliance with business architecture, enterprise and functional area strategic roadmaps
- Opportunity identification and promotion for cross-business sharing and re-use of application components, rationalizing application portfolios and integrated architectures
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent work experience. 12+ years of overall application engineering, technology experience. At least 10 years of professional experience implementing digital commerce platforms and products.
If interested, please send your résumé and a cover letter detailing your interest in the position to email@example.com.
GQG Partners LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not engage in unlawful discrimination on any basis prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” GQG Partners LLC may participate in E-Verify, please view the following links for details in English and Spanish. For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.
For California state residents please refer to the GQG Careers site for important privacy disclosures.