Director of Human Resources
GQG Partners is a rapidly growing investment management firm focused on global and emerging markets equities. Launched in 2016, GQG Partners currently manages in excess of $60+ billion across four long-only investment strategies: US Equity, Global Equity, International Equity and Emerging Markets Equity. Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale with offices in New York and Seattle, we strive for excellence at all levels of our organization through a commitment to independent thinking, continual growth, cultural integrity and a deep knowledge of the markets. Our primary responsibility is to help our clients secure their financial future, and we have endeavored to create a business that is deeply aligned with our client’s financial interests.
As an investment management firm, our employees comprise our greatest asset and we are deeply committed to attracting and retaining the best talent, as well as maximizing individual growth and contribution through rigorous performance assessment and talent development.
As our business has grown, so has the sheer number of employees, complexity of operation and demands on our existing Human Resources infrastructure. We are seeking to hire an experienced individual to lead and execute our Human Resources efforts, further develop various HR functions and implement “best practices”. The ideal candidate would demonstrate an aptitude to think strategically, critically evaluate existing practices and implement enhancements and successfully manage all HR functions on a daily basis across the Florida, New York and Seattle office locations.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Job Title: Director of Human Resources
Number of Direct Reports: None
Part Time/Full Time: Full Time
Location: Seattle, WA or New York, NY or Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Engage with hiring manager to validate business need, determine recruiting approach and develop position specification
- Manage third party recruiting relationships
- Establish interview, candidate assessment and reference checking standards
- Manage interview process including scheduling, feedback and candidate assessment
- Manage background check and offer process
- Manage new employee onboarding and orientation process
- Lead annual benefit renewal process including the evaluation of providers and assessment of benefits, coverage and costs
- Administer employee benefits throughout the year
- Plan and execute updates to benefits brochure, and employee handbook
- Manage the 401k plan including regulator changes, comparable analysis, market trends and implementing changes
- Develop high quality employee assessment standards
- Manage the annual employee assessment process
- Engage with department heads to develop performance plans, identify key persons and succession planning
- Coordinate with department heads to develop written expectations for each role and level of seniority
- Coordinate with department heads to develop promotion criteria and ensure consistent employee rating standards
Training and Compliance
- Coordinate with Legal and Compliance to conduct required employee training
- Develop and administer non-compliance employee training; e.g., inclusion and diversity
- Serve as a point of contact for HR-related matters
- Prepare HR-related employee communications
- Assist in the planning and execution of various employee events
- Monitor employment-related changes to Federal and state laws, as applicable
- Administer employee legal and regulatory requirements; e.g., FMLA, worker’s compensation compliance, audit and documentation
- A minimum of 8 years applicable experience in a Human Resources role
- Experience in the Financial Services industry is preferable but not required
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think strategically while having the breadth and depth to implement HR activities on a day-to-day basis
- Able to professionally and confidentially work with sensitive employee information
- Knowledge of HR programs
- Objective and empathetic
- Demonstrated knowledge of employee-related legal and compliance matters
- Experience with employee assessment, promotion and compensation
- Consent to background checks
If interested, please send your résumé and a cover letter detailing your qualifications and interest in the position to email@example.com.
GQG Partners LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not engage in unlawful discrimination on any basis prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” GQG Partners LLC may participate in E-Verify, please view the following links for details in English and Spanish. For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.
For California state residents please refer to the GQG Careers site for important privacy disclosures.