GQG Partners is a rapidly growing boutique investment management firm focused on global and emerging markets equities. Our primary responsibility is to help our clients secure their financial future and we endeavor to create a business that is deeply aligned with our clients’ financial interests. We strive for excellence at all levels of our organization through a commitment to independent thinking, continual growth, cultural integrity and a deep knowledge of the markets.
We seek an attorney to provide advice and support on a wide variety of legal, regulatory and contracting matters for an asset manager with global reach. This role requires strong legal analytic and issue spotting capabilities, creativity, communication skills and attention to detail. If you have 4-8 years of experience as a lawyer and would enjoy supporting a fast paced, client focused firm, please reach out to us.
GQG is a dynamic firm that rewards hard work, enthusiasm and skill. We pride ourselves on a culture of growth and mastery of our craft. The position will be based in GQG’s Seattle office.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Job Title: Corporate Counsel
Manager/Supervisor: General Counsel
Number of Direct Reports: None
Part Time/Full Time: Full Time
Location: Seattle, WA
The Corporate Counsel will be a key part of GQG’s legal department, reporting to the General Counsel. The Corporate Counsel will have the potential to get involved in a wide variety of matters, including:
- Drafting, review, and negotiation of various contracts, including advisory, licensing, vendor, non-disclosure and service agreements
- Addressing legal issues in connection with fund creation and management across a wide variety of markets, including North America, Europe and Australia
- Working with business colleagues on product development and business development related legal issues
- Assisting with regulatory issues, such as reviews and filings
- Advising on general legal matters while working closely with other in-house attorneys, senior management, HR, compliance, finance, business development and operations personnel
- J.D. with strong academic credentials from a nationally-recognized law school
- Membership of at least one state bar and a willingness to obtain appropriate licensing to serve as an in-house attorney in Washington state, if not already held
- Four to eight years’ experience as a lawyer in a major law firm or the legal department of an of an asset manager other leading organization
- Experience in investment management is a plus
- A strong ability to solve problems in a practical manner and to communicate complex concepts in an understandable way
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks
- Ability to problem-solve efficiently, effectively, and diplomatically
- Strong organizational, technical, and analytical skills; detail-oriented
- Highly proficient verbal, written and interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills
- Ability to work both in a team environment and independently
If interested, please send your résumé and a cover letter detailing your qualifications and interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GQG Partners LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not engage in unlawful discrimination on any basis prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” GQG Partners LLC may participate in E-Verify, please view the following links for details in English and Spanish. For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.