Chief Financial Officer
GQG Partners is a rapidly growing investment management firm focused on global and emerging markets equities. Launched in 2016, GQG Partners currently manages in excess of $60+ billion across four long-only investment strategies: US Equity, Global Equity, International Equity and Emerging Markets Equity. Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale with US offices in New York and Seattle and international offices in London and Sydney, we strive for excellence at all levels of our organization through a commitment to independent thinking, continual growth, cultural integrity and a deep knowledge of the markets. Our primary responsibility is to help our clients secure their financial future, and we have endeavored to create a business that is deeply aligned with our client’s financial interests.
GQG Partners is seeking a seasoned CFO to serve as the financial leader of the firm with oversight of our finance, tax, treasury and facilities functions. The successful candidate will be hands-on with a strong operating orientation and an excellent background in accounting, corporate finance and capital markets. In addition, the ideal candidate will consistently demonstrate an ability to think strategically, as well as the aptitude to migrate seamlessly between breadth and depth as conditions warrant. Thinking creatively and holistically, s/he will be expected to generate ideas regarding the optimal approach to running a best in-class organization and will ensure that senior executives receive accurate, timely and insightful financial reporting, analysis, planning and budgeting and forecasting in order to effectively manage the business.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
Number of Direct Reports: 2
Part Time/Full Time: Full Time
Location: New York, NY, Fort Lauderdale, FL or Seattle, WA
- Provide executive leadership for the firm’s finance function across accounting, management reporting, financial planning and forecasting
- Establish strong relationships with the senior leadership team based on financial acumen, knowledge of the firm’s industry, business, strategy and results, creative thinking and proactivity
- Anticipate key issues and informational needs, re-engineer and streamline processes and champion key projects intended to improve internal controls, efficiency and scalability
- Ensure the integrity of all financial and regulatory reporting, controls, processes and systems
- Provide effective oversight for internal and external resources on U.S. and international tax issues and ensure tax filings are prepared accurately
- Focus on prudent cost management to maximize the firm’s profitability
- Develop creditability and relationships with key external parties including service providers and regulators
- Design and implement impactful management and business reporting to provide business insight including key metrics to analyze operating trends against defined financial targets
- Constructively engage with the firm’s controller and finance team to maximize employee performance and morale
- Serve as a fact-driven and analytical problem solver with superior judgement
- A minimum of 10 years’ applicable experience in finance-centric roles at world class organizations with a deep knowledge of accounting, operations and controls as well as financial management and regulatory reporting
- Prior experience with a Big 4 public accounting firm and/or a globally recognized management consulting firm
- Top academic credentials, including a CPA, MBA or CFA
- Experience in the Financial Services industry
- Experience with SEC filing obligations and regulatory matters is preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Executive presence and the ability to successfully represent GQG Partners internally and externally
- Highly collaborative, accountable and transparent
- Detailed oriented
- Consent to background checks
If interested, please send your résumé and a cover letter detailing your qualifications and interest in the position to email@example.com.
GQG Partners LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not engage in unlawful discrimination on any basis prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” GQG Partners LLC may participate in E-Verify, please view the following links for details in English and Spanish. For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.
For California state residents please refer to the GQG Careers site for important privacy disclosures.