Senior Brand Designer
GQG Partners is a rapidly growing boutique investment management firm focused on global and emerging markets equities. Our primary responsibility is to help our clients secure their financial future and we endeavor to create a business that is deeply aligned with our clients’ financial interests. We strive for excellence at all levels of our organization through a commitment to independent thinking, continual growth, cultural integrity and a deep knowledge of the markets.
The ideal Senior Brand Designer will jump in on a variety of projects, quickly grasp and execute brand standards, turn projects around quickly and accurately and be willing to crank out production work when needed. This person must be highly collaborative, but confident with bringing ideas to the table. The Senior Brand Designer will be responsible for helping set the design tone of the brand and work on design toolkits, editorial emails, elevated site pages, advertising, social media content and promotions as well as offline media as needed. As Senior Brand Designer, you also will need to think bigger than a single design and understand how to create and produce beautiful design systems. You should have great attention to detail, a love of color theory, an eye for photography, strong typography skills and must be organized. This is a fun, rewarding and challenging role that will satisfy creativity, hone current skills and develop new ones.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Job Title: Senior Brand Designer
Manager/Supervisor: Director of Marketing
Number of Direct Reports: None
Part Time/Full Time: Full Time
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL , New York, NY or Seattle, WA
- Develop and maintain the creative look and feel for all digital concepts and other external and internal media. Work with other team members on design assets to create more brand consistency
- Translate marketing, branding and communications strategies into exceptional design and creative initiatives
- Conceptualize, elevate, maintain, and be accountable for quality of work and on time delivery across multiple creative projects
- Partner with lead copywriter on the execution of creative online and offline projects, including photo, video, print, e-commerce site, online ads and social media through design and photo/video look and feel
- Be comfortable taking charge of projects and owning development
- Ensure visual designs adhere to project requirements, objectives, and timelines upholding brand standards across all projects
- Partner closely with team members and cross functional partners to set up timelines and deadlines necessary for timely delivery of projects and creative assets
- Identify gaps in current assets and offer recommendations for new content ideas
- Prioritize assignments, workflows and timely execution
- Maintain proper project file asset management
- Develop good working relationships with cross functional team members and be a communicative partner across all
REQUIREMENTS, CAPABILITIES, AND EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years’ experience in e-commerce or agency environment
- Ideally, 3-5 years’ experience in asset management
- Outstanding designer with a strong portfolio demonstrating design excellence in web-design, typography, layout design, and photography.
- Extensive graphic design experience and an eye for great design, graphic design principles, color theory and typography
- Professional attitude, self managed, self motivated, proactive, detail oriented and a team player with a keen sense of urgency
- The ability to take direction, iterate on ideas, and create design solutions in a timely fashion
- Deep understanding of major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc) as well as smaller and emerging platforms
- Works well under pressure; multitasking and prioritizing to effectively handle tight deadlines, unexpected delays, revisions, ad hoc requests
- Attention to detail with a strong sense of typography skills
- Prior experience with photo shoots, concepting, on-set work a plus
- Expert mastery of knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects and Premiere
- Extensive knowledge of best practices for both web and pre-press print execution is a plus.
If interested, please send your résumé and a cover letter detailing your interest in the position to email@example.com.
GQG Partners LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not engage in unlawful discrimination on any basis prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” GQG Partners LLC may participate in E-Verify, please view the following links for details in English and Spanish. For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.
For California state residents please refer to the GQG Careers site for important privacy disclosures.