Associate, Infrastructure Technology
GQG Partners is a rapidly growing boutique investment management firm focused on global and emerging markets equities. Our primary responsibility is to help our clients secure their financial future and we endeavor to create a business that is deeply aligned with our clients’ financial interests. We strive for excellence at all levels of our organization through a commitment to independent thinking, continual growth, cultural integrity and a deep knowledge of the markets.
The Technology Lead for Infrastructure Technology will help drive for operational efficiencies to support the business team partners to strategize, analyze, design and implement modern GQG IT infrastructure and digital initiatives. The role will track operational processes for compliance and implementation of new Infrastructure solutions. A key responsibility will be to coordinate support of OMS and other organizational applications, owning the drive to resolution of incidents along with tracking upgrades to final testing.
The successful candidate is interested in learning the business and risks of the digital space to unlock new approaches to it by being human-centered in your approach to technology, advocating for business user needs and support.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Job Title: Associate, Infrastructure Technology
Manager/Supervisor: Director of Infrastructure Technology
Number of Direct Reports: None
Part Time/Full Time: Full Time
Location: Seattle, WA, or New York, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Lead technical support of OMS coordinating resources internal and external to resolve issues and execute projects
- Support and document technical solution implementation projects
- Assess technical options for each solution component and integrations in an IT implementation project; evaluate possible technologies and packages; make and defend technology and package recommendations.
- Lead small- and large-scale infrastructure implementations, utilizing industry best practices, providing both oversight and hands on contributions to the implementation and integration of selected platforms.
- Document current and future policies and procedures for technical systems, compliance requirements and security
- Participate in the development of conceptual and logical architectures across other architecture domains. Resolve integration and interfacing issues between various back-end systems
- Provide support to the business trading team and fine-tune of systems to remove chronic technical impacts to operations.
- Assist in the management of the MSP and other technology vendors
- Other activities as assigned
REQUIREMENTS, CAPABILITIES, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Enterprise-level technical operational support within retail, financial and ecommerce landscape. 5+ years working in a senior technology engineering and/or architecture role a must
- At least 5 years of professional experience supporting OMS platforms and products. (Current system is Eze but considering others)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with Microsoft infrastructure including Office 365
- Experience implementing and supporting cloud services such as Microsoft Azure
- Collaboration with Enterprise Technical Architects and Solution Architects to implement strategic roadmaps, principles, standards and reference architectures
- Maintenance and project monitoring of technical projects
- Opportunity identification and promotion for cross-business sharing and re-use of application components, rationalizing application portfolios and integrated architectures
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Tools including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Teams
- Experience and familiarity working in Salesforce environment
- Excellent attention to detail and well organized
- Able to deal effectively with a wide variety of people
- Able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Decompose technical solution specifications into work packages; document pre-requisites and dependencies for the work packages; and estimate the level of effort and resource level/skill necessary to implement each work package
- Develop and document technical solution designs and specifications that satisfy the functional and technical requirements for commerce implementation projects
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent work experience. 5+ years of overall application support, technology experience. At least 5 years of professional experience supporting OMS platforms and products
If interested, please send your résumé and a cover letter detailing your interest in the position to email@example.com.
GQG Partners LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not engage in unlawful discrimination on any basis prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” GQG Partners LLC may participate in E-Verify, please view the following links for details in English and Spanish. For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.
For California state residents please refer to the GQG Careers site for important privacy disclosures.