Associate Director of Operations
GQG Partners is a rapidly growing boutique investment management firm focused on global and emerging markets equities, headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Our primary responsibility is to help our clients secure their financial future, and we endeavor to create a business that is deeply aligned with our clients’ financial interests. We strive for excellence at all levels of our organization through a commitment to independent thinking, continual growth, cultural integrity and a deep knowledge of the markets.
GQG Partners is committed to scaling its operation, trading, onboarding and reporting areas with continuous process improvement with a focus on risk-management. To accomplish this objective, GQG is looking for an Associate Director of Operations who will be accountable for assisting the team in developing, refining, and executing a vision and strategy for operations, service, and innovative processes to ensure that the organization optimizes its value to clients.
The position will report to the Director of Operations and will partner closely with key members of Trading, Compliance, Client Service, Sales and Technology. This dynamic leader’s responsibilities will span a wide range and be involved in strategic initiatives and executing details of daily operations across the Florida, New York and Washington operational functions.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Job Title: Associate Director of Operations
Manager/Supervisor: Director of Operations
Number of Direct Reports: None
Part Time/Full Time: Full Time
Location: Seattle, WA or New York, NY or Fort Lauderdale, FL
Assist with Management of Investment Operations and Technology (60-70%)
- Manage middle office vendors – with an established vendor oversight process (includes OMS)
- Ensure execution of procedural controls to oversee quality of middle office vendors
- Assist Investment Operations Team with process improvement and problem solving encompassing below functions:
- Execute daily control procedures, provide operational services to clients, trade operations, proxy voting, corporate action voting, resolution of daily issues
- Implement client cash flow to reduce cash drag without taking on unnecessary risk – funds and separate accounts
- Timely and accurate client reporting
- Timely and accurate client invoicing
- Maintain database/excel spreadsheet of operational client obligations
- Coordinate with the technology team and vendors. Ensure connectivity with data sources in data management facility (CRM, Investment Tools, ISS, etc.). Work with technology team to resolve data issues with operational vendors.
- Assist with analysis and process documentation on:
- New product launches
- New technology tools/services
- Transaction Cost Analysis
- Tax Implications
- Performance Measurement / GIPS
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity
- Collaborate with CCO:
- Ensure internal processes and procedures will result in full compliance based on regulatory requirements of account type and domicile
- Support control reviews required by clients in varying domiciles
- Ensure procedures and controls are documented and integrated with other areas of the firm as part of enterprise-wide procedures (example: global funds, sales, service, compliance, etc.)
RFP/IMA and Client Onboarding Support (20-30%)
- Support sales and marketing in RFP process and serve as backup to Director in ODD meetings
- Work with legal to breakdown investment management agreements and ensure operational requirements are met and fit the standard process
- Ensure any non-standard requests are fully vetted and approved with proper workflows and procedures to limit risk
- Assist onboarding team with new process development, new reporting request, and new data and benchmark requirements
Plan, lead, and participate in projects as assigned (10%)
- 8-10 years as an asset management industry expert in the management of investment operations of global investment strategies – organization with a global distribution footprint a plus
- Excellent understanding of the investment book of record and how it interacts with various investment vehicle books of record
- Excellent understanding of performance measurement in SMA and fund vehicles and ability to manage compliance with GIPS
- Experience in onboarding new discretionary clients and funds
- Experience in the implementation of client cash flow: validate and reduce cash drag
- Ability to think strategically, effectively assess gaps and opportunities, and prioritize investments and action plans
- Proven success managing third-party vendors providing critical daily processing / systems
- Excellent risk and business judgment, with the ability to integrate the two and partner with business leaders
- Strong, well-developed business acumen with diversity of experience with exposure to functions beyond operations and service
- Demonstrated leadership of strategic initiatives that have improved workflows, productivity, efficiency, quality and service levels
- Excellent at execution; track record leading teams in multiple successful complex implementations
- Ability to influence across all areas of the organization and work with all levels of employees effectively
- Ability to work in an intense environment under tight deadlines and still contribute thoughtfully and high-quality work product
- Heightened attention to detail
- Flexible, ability to adjust schedule to be available for meetings in all global time zones
- Ability to learn and excel at day-to-day responsibilities and contribute to driving process improvement, standardization, and automation
- Leader with excellent communications skills
- Ability to anticipate risks and identify solutions
- Ability to see multiple steps ahead when faced with complex issues or new situations
- Proficient at Microsoft suite – Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
If interested, please send your résumé and a cover letter detailing your interest in the position to email@example.com.
GQG Partners LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not engage in unlawful discrimination on any basis prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” GQG Partners LLC may participate in E-Verify, please view the following links for details in English and Spanish. For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.
For California state residents please refer to the GQG Careers site for important privacy disclosures.