Associate Director of Fund Operations (Australia)
GQG Partners is a rapidly growing boutique investment management firm focused on global and emerging markets equities headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida with offices in London, New York, Seattle, and Sydney. Our primary responsibility is to help our clients secure their financial future and we endeavor to create a business that is deeply aligned with our clients’ financial interests. We strive for excellence at all levels of our organization through a commitment to independent thinking, continual growth, cultural integrity and a deep knowledge of the markets.
GQG Partners is committed to ensuring fund operations are dynamically managed to ensure continuous process improvement, risk-management, regulatory adherence, and client/firm goal alignment. To accomplish this objective, GQG is looking for an Associate Director of Fund Operations who will be accountable for assisting the team in developing, refining, and executing a vision and strategy for operations, service, and innovative processes to ensure the organization optimizes its value to clients.
This position will report to the Director of Global Funds and will partner closely with key members of the Sales, Client Service, Onboarding, Marketing, Portfolio Operations, Compliance and Technology teams. This role will span a wide range and be involved in various strategic initiatives as well as executing details required to manage the regulatory activities and fund operations of GQG Funds and sub-advised accounts.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Job Title: Associate Director of Fund Operations
Manager/Supervisor: Director of Global Funds
Number of Direct Reports: None
Part Time/Full Time: Full Time
Location: Sydney NSW
Manage the regulatory activities and fund operations for the GQG Australian Fund complex
- Manage day-to-day relationships with EQT (RE), Northern Trust (Fund Accountant/Custodian) and OneVue (Transfer Agent)
- Oversee daily NAV process and delivery
- Manage monthly fund expense and fallout process
- Manage quarterly rebate process
- Oversee annual fund audit, distribution, and tax process
- Manage PDS, Reference Guide, and Constitution update process
- Manage Fee Disclosure update process
- Manage RG97 update process
- Maintain current understanding of regulatory requirements and industry standard processes
- Ensure execution of procedural controls to oversee quality across business partners and internal GQG teams
- Implement strategic changes (i.e. new fund vehicles, share classes, pricing, etc.)
Lead Fund Operations Project initiatives
REQUIREMENTS, CAPABILITIES, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree (Finance or Accounting preferred)
- 10+ years experience as an asset management industry expert in the management of Australian global fund operations and fund administration
- Excellent understanding of Australian fund administration processes, as well as upstream/downstream processes that intersect
- Ability to think strategically, assess risks/gaps/opportunities, and recommend solutions
- Proven success managing third-party vendors providing critical fund administration services
- Exceptional risk and business judgment, with the ability to integrate the two and partner with business leaders
- Demonstrated leadership of strategic initiatives that have improved workflows, productivity, efficiency, quality and service levels
- Excellent at execution; track record leading teams in multiple successful complex implementations
- Ability to influence across all areas of the organization and work with all levels of employees effectively
- Ability to work in an intense environment under tight deadlines and competing priorities
- Heightened attention to detail
- Ability to work flexible hours in order to be available for meetings across global time zones
- Ability to learn and excel at day-to-day responsibilities and contribute to driving process improvement, standardization, and automation
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Proficient using Microsoft suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
If interested, please send your résumé and a cover letter detailing your interest in the position to email@example.com.
GQG Partners LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not engage in unlawful discrimination on any basis prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” GQG Partners LLC may participate in E-Verify, please view the following links for details in English and Spanish. For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.
For California state residents please refer to the GQG Careers site for important privacy disclosures.