Associate, Client and Sales Operational Support
GQG Partners is a rapidly growing boutique investment management firm focused on global and emerging markets equities, headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Our primary responsibility is to help our clients secure their financial future, and we endeavor to create a business that is deeply aligned with our clients’ financial interests. We strive for excellence at all levels of our organization through a commitment to independent thinking, continual growth, cultural integrity and a deep knowledge of the markets.
The Operations / RFP Specialist is a critical member of the GQG team and will work with the COO, Director of Global Funds, Director of Portfolio Operations, Director of Client Service and key members of operations, client service and sales. This hybrid role is primarily responsible for time sensitive RFP/DDQ responses, and is the daily conduit between fund and client operations and client service related to client and prospective client inquiries and documentation.
Job Title: Associate, Client and Sales Operational Support
Manager/Supervisor: COO and/or Director of Global Funds
Number of Direct Reports: None
Part Time/Full Time: Full Time
Location: Seattle, WA
Responsible for completing all RFP/DDQ/ODD responses related to fund vehicle and portfolio operations areas (50%)
- Partner with Client Service Team to ensure high quality RFP/DDQ responses related to fund and portfolio operations.
- Become a proficient user of the RFPIO database as well as familiarity with other client service tools.
- Participate in ad hoc RFP/DDQ planning conference calls.
- Ensure timely, complete, and accurate execution of required operational responses.
- Liaise with fund administrators and other vendors to gather facts and create RFP/DDQ re-usable responses to first time questions.
- Create tools and procedures to ensure sufficient coverage during time off.
- Lead quarterly SME review of operational due diligence responses in the database.
- Complete internal Operational Due Diligence on new fund vehicles.
- Sign-off on operational responses in completed RFPs /ODDs prior to compliance review.
- Organize and lead periodic training with client services team on ad hoc fund and portfolio operational topics.
- Develop and coordinate standard fund cost reporting.
Review operational data reported in Marketing Materials (10%)
- Partner with Client Services Team to ensure timely review.
- Ensure operational data is accurately reported in Marketing Materials.
- Develop efficient tools and processes to ensure accurate and timely review.
- Document review processes to ensure consistent coverage.
Plan and lead initiatives and projects for Operation Teams (40%)
- Collaborate with operational teams to document and implement process improvement.
- Design and integrate new procedures within GQG and between GQG and vendors/clients as necessary.
- Establish a cadence for developing, updating, testing and providing feedback on operational procedures for continuous improvement.
- Participate as a subject-matter-expert on projects and initiatives related to fund operations and portfolio operations.
- Provide coverage for extended absences of other team members.
- 5+ years as an asset management industry expert in the operational management of separate accounts, investment funds and their vendors – 1940 Act mutual fund & commingled funds in a discretionary and sub advised approach required. UCITS and other global fund formats a plus.
- Excellent writing skills related to articulating operational processes for client consumption.
- Cross functional interest and experience (portfolio operations, fund operations and client service).
- Understanding of cross functional interactions of Client Service and Operations within an asset management firm.
- Proven success collaborating within a dynamic and fast growing firm to create optimal outcomes.
- Excellent communication skills and business judgment, in order to successfully partner with business leaders.
- Ability to influence across all areas of the organization and work with all levels of employees effectively.
- Ability to work in an intense environment under tight deadlines and still contribute thoughtful and high-quality work product.
- Heightened attention to detail.
- Ability to adjust schedule to be available for meetings in all global time zones.
- Ability to learn and excel at day-to-day responsibilities and contribute to driving process improvement, standardization, and automation.
- Proficient at Microsoft suite – Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Proven success at managing projects across multiple business areas and vendors.
- Strong aptitude for working with data and learning new systems.
If interested, please send your résumé and a cover letter detailing your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GQG Partners LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not engage in unlawful discrimination on any basis prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” GQG Partners LLC may participate in E-Verify, please view the following links for details in English and Spanish. For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.